TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read them carefully. Our products / services are offered to you on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein.
Trading Names & Services
1) CallingPlaces.com is the trading name of Calling Places Ltd., and may be used as part of our website and on-line store for business and residential including Broadband, VoIP, callingcard, pins, callback, pc2phone, data, traditional telecom and IP services.
Links to Other Websites
Order Acceptance Policy
2) By using this website you confirm your agreement to our Terms and Conditions. Our Terms and Conditions may be subject to change at any time. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed, and interpreted, in accordance with English Law and English Courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us. Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected.
3) We reserve the right to refuse any orders placed by either our website, telephone or by mail order. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. We reserve the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item.
4) You are strongly advised to read the Terms / Conditions and related information for the phone card(s) which you wish to purchase. Whilst on the on-line store these will normally appear when you select the thumb nail picture. Please familiarize your self with these. This page also provides usage instruction and customer services numbers for that card. We also recommend that you read the frequently asked questions (FAQ's)
5) For security reasons we do not keep your debit/credit card details on our databases. Because of this we will need to take these for each order.
6) You agree to provide us with a correct and functioning email address (only required for pins that are emailed).. Delivery of the product(s) is completed when our system sends the email(s) containing the phonecard information to you. At your request (by email, or by fax/phone) we will resend the same email to you at the same email address. We may ask for information that helps us identify yourself as the originator of the order.
(Cheques, as spelt in the UK are the same as checks, as spelt in the US)
7) Credit Cards - We accept major Debit ('Switch') / credit cards including, Visa and MasterCard on retail purchases. Visa Electron can not be used as they require the physical presence of the purchaser as part of the card conditions of use. There is no surcharge for using your Debit (Switch) / credit card at the retail level. Please be sure to provide the exact e-mail address, telephone number and the billing address your credit card bank has on file for you. Incorrect information may cause a delay in processing your order. Your credit card will be billed by “CallingPlaces.com” upon shipment of your order. All orders placed must obtain pre-approval with an acceptable method of payment, as established by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may require additional verification or information before accepting any order.
8) Money Orders, Cashier’s Cheques, Company Cheques, & Personal cheques – We accept postal orders, cashier’s checks, personal cheques, and company cheques in sterling only. Orders are processed upon receipt of cleared payment.. For personal and company checks, please allow up to 6 banking days after receipt for clearance of funds before the order is processed. We cannot guarantee the availability of a product by the time funds clear or payment is received. We will charge a £25 (sterling) fee on all returned cheques. Cheques should be made payable to 'Calling Places Ltd.' and should be posted to our address.
9) Normally we will set a purchase limit on your account which may be increased/decreased at our discretion. We reserve the right to suspend your account.
Security, confidentiality and personal details
10) In any communications with ourselves you undertake that all the details you provide to us are correct, that the Credit or Debit card you are using is your own and there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of any purchases that you make.
11) You agree to provide us with the necessary identification to confirm your order. This may be by supplying us with a valid landline number and/or other information required.
12) We maintain a vigorous consumer protection policy to fight fraudulent credit card users. Our transactions are encrypted using Secure Server Link (SSL), the industry standard in e-commerce protection. All attempts at fraud will be reported to the appropriate authority / enforcement agency and we make available our own private investigation service to aid the authorities/ solicitors / state police or attorney generals in their pursuit of credit card thieves. It is normal practice that our staff are called upon to manually inspect and verify all first-time orders or orders that meet typical fraud profiles.
14) You agree to keep all emails (faxes or telephone conversations) containing phone card details (including PIN numbers) confidential. We shall not be liable for losses incurred by you as a result of you disclosing such confidential information to any third parties.
15) All passwords you have nominated to be connected to our website must be kept confidential. You agree that we may disclose any information in connection with your accounts to anyone who correctly quotes your User name (email address) and password
16) Each and every time you make a purchase from our website, you confirm that the personal information which we hold about you is true and accurate. You may update your details as often as you wish from the 'Existing account / Create New Account' web page. If there are any changes to the personal information supplied by you, then it is your responsibility to make these and inform us as soon as possible.
17) Telephone calls may be recorded.
Reliability of phone cards / calling cards
18) Calling Places are both carriers and resellers to end user customers. For this reason, if you have any problem with a phone card / calling card, you must contact Customer Service Department of each card. Ideally this should be done immediately, or at worse case within 48 hours of the fault being discovered. If the problem persists please contact us. If the problem occurs such as a delay in delivery or double charge please contact us directly. If refunds are to be processed please allow 72 hours for these to be processed and additional time may occur with individual banks. Generally, unless otherwise stated, cards are non-refundable and expire 3 months from date of first use or on the expiration date printed on the card, whichever occurs first. No refund or replacement is provided for lost, stolen or expired cards or unauthorized use.
19) We want your shopping with us to be done with confidence and for you to be totally satisfied with your purchase. In the unusual event of defect or failure of phone cards sold by us, a credit or refund of the unused amount will be issued. This may be necessary following an unsuccessful result with customer services for your specific card.
20) Our guarantee is limited to the original retail purchaser and is non-transferable.
Right to Cancel
22) You have the right to cancel an order up to 7 days after your purchase. If however you chose to use this service (a phone card, virtual or physical) then you lose this right. Authorized refunds may take up to 28 days to process.
22a) If you have attempted to use the card and then want to cancel, we will require reason of why you wish to cancel the card in writing either by email/fax/or post.
22b) In the event of a cancellation request, Calling Places may required additional identification to ensure that the refund request is being made by the card holder.
23) Access numbers are clearly stated on each product page. Calling Places do not imply what the charge might be in calling this access number. The call made to the access number may or may not be charged to the phone from which it is made. It is the responsibility of the caller to establish there is a cost and if so what this might be. For example, if using from a hotel then the hotel may place a charge on what might ordinarily be a toll-free number.
24) Postal orders: An order is deemed 'completed' once it has left our premises. This may be by special/recorded delivery. All postal orders are sent either recorded or special delivery to the 'ship to' address given. It is the purchaser's responsibility to ensure that these details are correct and that someone is at this address to sign for the delivery. Calling Places will normally be able to check the whereabouts of the delivery in the unusual events that a parcel has not be received. Costs incurred by having to resend a shipment will be met by the purchaser.
25) Email Orders: An order is deemed 'completed' once it has left our premises. This will normally be emailed to the 'ship to' email address given for email orders. The purchaser should ensure that they give a valid email address and that this email address is able to accept email from CallingPlaces.com
Occurrences whereby an order is not received may include:-
a) An email address such as yahoo or hotmail that is full
In such circumstance we can resend the purchasers order to another email address upon request, however no refunds are given for these.
26) In the unlikely event that a card proves faulty, you will either receive a working replacement or a partial refund corresponding to the balance remaining on the card. Customer Services may provide us with a call history of the phone card usage and we will charge you accordingly. If a card is either replaced or refunded you agree not use the original pin number to make any further calls.
27) Cards/Pins are not returnable or exchangeable.
Calling rates and accuracy of information on our website(s)
28) We attempt to ensure that the information available on our website at any one time is accurate. However some of this information may be out of date. As an example the calling rates for using phone cards may be varied by the relevant Service Providers at their discretion and at anytime. We therefore, can not guarantee the accuracy of the information we provide, however, we shall monitor information on an ongoing basis and update it on the website accordingly. We do not represent or warrant that the Services provided supplies will be uninterrupted or error-free and that defects will be corrected. Whilst we do spend time exercising due-diligence in selecting our service providers, we are not responsible for any loses/damages cause by errors of service providers.
30) We do not accept liability for any errors or/and omissions, and reserve the right to change specifications, information and descriptions of listed products.
31) In some countries certain phone numbers may carry additional charges, for example mobile phone numbers, national rate number, premium numbers and miscellaneous other numbers. If in doubt contact us prior to purchase.
34) Web site visitors and customer details may be entered onto our database for marketing and update notification purposes. This may include our email updates list. If you do not wish to be added to update list then please notify us. We will confirm removal by email.
35) In the interest of security we do not store your debit/credit card information electronically. We only store the required paper audit trail / information that is required for our merchant account and those required for statutory reporting. This will include information that may be used in the fraudulent use of debit / credit cards. Because of this we will ask for your debit / credit card details for each order.
Additions for Agent / Affiliates
36) In addition to these standard terms, agents (resellers) will need to comply with additional criteria such as minimum order values, as stated in our agent program.
37) In addition to these standard terms, affiliates will need to comply with additional criteria as stated in our affiliate program.
38) These terms and the performance of all obligations hereunder shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the parties hereto submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts
39) These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory right as a consumer.
Images, files, texts, sounds and ideas are copyright of Calling Places 1999 - 2006. Use only with written consent
No additional warranties are given or implied, except by written agreement of Calling Places management. Calling Places liability will not exceed the purchase price of its defective products. Calling Places makes no warranty of its products with respect to incidental, consequential, or other damages.
Our official contact details are :-
Calling Places LTD 12 Ashbourne Road, London, W5 3ED, United Kingdom
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to [email@example.com].