Fring is free software that can be installed on virtually any smartphone. Fring fully integrates your phones contacts with people that you connect with on Skype, GoogleTalk, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, AIM, Twitter, MSN Live and more!
With VoIP Enrich SIP credentials entered into the Fring App you can:
- Get a real phone number from virtually any major country.
- Use the data connection for all calls instead of your plan minutes, you simply dial their number and your call is handled by VoIP Enrich Mobile automatically.
- Supplement your cell phone plan or replace it all together because VoIP Enrich Mobile minutes are less expensive than cell phone plan overage charges.
- Purchase long distance Tier1 Business class minutes
- Call any cellular phone or land line instead of only being able to call other Fring users.
- Receive calls from any cellular phone or land line in the world.
- Enable iPod Touch and iPad users to make phone calls.
Enjoy the freedom of no annual contract.
Use free Business Class Features such as voicemail, caller ID, 3-way calling, and more.With Fring installed all your contacts are accessible in one place so instant messaging and tweeting are a snap. When you want to call a buddy you simply dial their number and your call is handled by VoIP Enrich Mobile automatically.
Fring on its own cannot make phone calls to your friends with standard phone lines and it doesn't allow you to receive calls from them either. But with VoIP Enrich Mobile, Fring becomes your regular phone. Use it to call anyone and receive calls from anyone as well.
How It Works
fring lets users communicate and share experiences across social networks, mobile operators, device platforms and internet access connections.
fring leverages your mobile phone's internet capabilities to establish direct connections between friends (peer-to-peer). This proprietary peer-to-peer connectivity between friends over the internet (IP) enables pure VoIP communication – both between mobile phones and between mobile phones and PCs.
fring is optimized for mobile phones and dynamically adapts to the optimal connectivity and mobile phone characteristics so users can enjoy seamless roaming VoIP across multiple networks. The dedicated three-sided P2P network architecture has been developed to support near telco-grade voice quality and network efficiency.
fring supports 1000s of devices across multiple platforms including Symbian S60, iPhone/iPod touch, Android, Windows Mobile, J2ME & Linux devices and operates on any available mobile internet connection (3G, Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE &WiMax).
fring provides an open API, providing 3rd party developers with the building blocks to create mobile web apps and leverage fring community & hardware capabilities